– Working to ensure area senior citizens benefit from the state’s Property Tax/Rent Rebate program, Rep. Martin Causer (R-Turtlepoint) is continuing a series of clinics this week to assist area residents with applying for the program.
“I want to make sure everyone who is eligible for the program receives these helpful rebates,” Causer said. “As always, our assistance with filing for the rebates – whether it is done at one of the clinics or at any of the local offices – is free of charge.”
The clinic schedule for the week is as follows:
- Tuesday, Feb. 28, 9:30-11:30 a.m. – Mount Jewett Senior Center, 8 E. Main St., Mount Jewett.
- Tuesday, Feb. 28, 1-3 p.m. – Kane Senior Center, 100 S. Fraley St., Kane.
- Wednesday, March 1, 9:30-11 a.m. – Oswayo Valley Senior Center, 106 S. Oswayo St., Shinglehouse.
- Wednesday, March 1, 1-2:30 p.m. – Coudersport Senior Center, 165 Route 6 West, Coudersport.
A final clinic will be held on Tuesday, March 21, from 9:30-11:30 a.m. at the Bradford Senior Center, 60 Campus Dr., Bradford
Residents are reminded to bring all necessary income, property tax or rental information required to process claims quickly and accurately.
The program benefits eligible Pennsylvanians who are 65 years or older, widows and widowers 50 years or older, and those 18 years or older with disabilities. Eligibility income limits are set at $15,000 for renters and $35,000 for homeowners, excluding 50 percent of Social Security, Supplemental Security Income and Railroad Retirement Tier 1 benefits.
For more information, visit RepCauser.com
or contact Causer’s district offices in Bradford (78 Main St., first floor, phone 814-362-4400); Coudersport (107 S. Main St., Room 1, phone 814-274-9769) or Kane (55 Fraley St., phone 814-837-0880).
Representative Martin T. Causer
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Patricia A. Hippler