HARRISBURG – Kane area senior citizens in need of assistance with filing for their 2018 property tax or rent rebate are invited to a Property Tax/Rent Rebate Clinic hosted by Rep. Martin Causer (R-Turtlepoint) this Wednesday, Feb. 13, from1-3 p.m. at the Kane Senior Center, 100 S. Fraley St.
“People are always welcome to visit any of our three district offices in Bradford, Coudersport or Kane for assistance, but the clinics are designed to make it even more convenient,” Causer said. “There is no charge for the help we provide at the clinics or the office. I hope everyone will take advantage of this service.”
The Property Tax/Rent Rebate program benefits eligible Pennsylvanians who are 65 years or older, widows and widowers 50 years or older, and those 18 years or older with disabilities. Eligibility income limits are set at $15,000 for renters and $35,000 for homeowners, excluding 50 percent of Social Security, Supplemental Security Income and Railroad Retirement Tier 1 benefits. Also, applicants with veterans disability benefits and/or pensions do not need to declare that income.
Additional clinics are scheduled as follows. Residents are reminded to bring all necessary income, property tax or rental information required to process claims quickly and accurately.
Wednesday, Feb. 20
• Eldred Senior Center, 169 Main St., Eldred – 9:30-11 a.m.
• Smethport Senior Center, 119 W. Main St., Smethport – 1-2:30 p.m.
Wednesday, Feb. 27
• Harrison Valley Community Building, 205 E. Main St., Harrison Valley – 9:30-10:30 a.m.
• Emporium Senior Center, 213 ½ S. Maple St., Emporium – 9:30-11:30 a.m. (Appointments preferred. Call 814-486-3707.)
• Port Allegany Senior Center, 216 N. Main St., Port Allegany – 1-2:30 p.m.
Tuesday, March 5
• Bradford Senior Center, 60 Campus Drive, Bradford – 9:30-11:30 a.m.
Wednesday, March 6
• Oswayo Valley Senior Center, 106 S. Oswayo St., Shinglehouse – 9:30-11 a.m.
• Coudersport Senior Center, 171 Route 6 West, Coudersport – 1-2:30 p.m.
For more information, visit RepCauser.com
or contact Causer’s district offices in Bradford (78 Main St., first floor, phone 814-362-4400); Coudersport (107 S. Main St., Room 1, phone 814-274-9769) or Kane (55 Fraley St., phone 814-837-0880).
Representative Martin T. Causer
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Patricia A. Hippler