Office Locations 
District Address Information
78 Main Street, 1st Floor
Bradford, PA 16701
Phone: 814-362-4400
Toll-Free:  1-866-437-8181
Fax:  814-362-4405
Hours:  Monday through Friday
9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Closed noon to 1 p.m. daily

107 South Main Street
Room 1
Coudersport, PA 16915
Phone: 814-274-9769
Hours:  Monday through Friday
9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Closed noon to 1 p.m. daily

55 Fraley Street
Kane, PA 16735
Phone: 814-837-0880
Fax: 814 837-2257
Hours:  Monday through Friday
9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Closed noon to 1 p.m. daily

Capitol Address Information
150 Main Capitol
PO Box 202067
Harrisburg, PA 17120-2067
Phone: 717-787-5075
Fax:  717-705-7021

Email Address
MCauser@PahouseGOP.com

New Law to Help Veterans Groups, Charitable Organizations, Causer Says
2/2/2012
HARRISBURG – Legislation to give charitable organizations better fundraising tools has been signed into law, said Rep. Martin Causer (R-Turtlepoint).

“Veterans groups, fire companies and other civic organizations do so much for our communities, but outdated state laws were holding them back from raising the funds they need to continue their missions of service,” Causer said. “We updated the Small Games of Chance Act to give these groups a fair shot at raising money during these challenging economic times.

The new law increases prize limits for small games of chance from $500 to $1,000 for daily drawings, from $5,000 to $30,000 for weekly drawings, and from $5,000 to $10,000 for raffles per calendar month. Fire and emergency service organizations also will be permitted to hold a raffle with a $50,000 limit.

The law also allows organizations to use up to 30 percent of the money raised for the entity’s general operating expenses, which is currently prohibited by law, with certain specified prohibitions as to how the money may be used. The remaining 70 percent of the proceeds would be used in the public interest.

The Small Games of Chance Act was last updated more than two decades ago. The new law takes effect in 30 days.


State Representative Martin Causer
67th District, Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Contact: Patricia Hippler
phippler@pahousegop.com
717.772.9846
Share |