Jan. 19, 2023
HARRISBURG – Applications for the 2022 Property Tax/Rent Rebate program are now available, and Rep. Martin Causer (R-Turtlepoint) is reminding area residents that free assistance is available through his office.
“There is no need for anyone to pay a for-profit company to apply for the rebate,” Causer said. “I encourage people who are eligible to take advantage of this helpful program, and my office is ready to help file the necessary paperwork at no charge.”
In addition to providing assistance at the Bradford, Coudersport and Kane legislative offices, Causer has also scheduled a series of Property Tax/Rent Rebate clinics at area senior citizen centers. The schedule is as follows:
Wednesday, Feb. 15
· Eldred Senior Center, 169 Main St., Eldred – 9:30-11 a.m.
· Ulysses Senior Center, 522 Main St., Ulysses – 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
· Smethport Senior Center, 119 W. Main St., Smethport – noon to 1:30 p.m.
Thursday, Feb. 16
· Galeton Senior Center, 111 Germania St., Galeton – 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
· Kane Senior Center, 100 N. Fraley St., Kane – 1-3 p.m.
Tuesday, Feb. 21
· Mt. Jewett Senior Center, 8 E. Main St., Mt Jewett – 12:30-2:30 p.m.
Wednesday, Feb. 22
· Oswayo Valley Senior Center, 128 Lyons St., Shinglehouse – 9 a.m. to noon.
· Emporium Senior Center, 105 E. Fourth St., Emporium – 9:30-11:30 a.m. (Appointments preferred. Call 814-486-3707.)
· Port Allegany Senior Center, 216 N. Main St., Port Allegany – noon to 1:30 p.m.
· Coudersport Senior Center, 165 Route 6 West, Coudersport – 1-3 p.m.
Monday, Feb. 27
· Bradford Senior Center, 60 Campus Drive, Bradford – 9:30-11 a.m.
Wednesday, March 1
· Austin Borough Building, 21 Turner St., Austin – 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The rebate program benefits eligible Pennsylvanians age 65 and older; widows and widowers age 50 and older; and people with disabilities age 18 and older. The income limit is $35,000 a year for homeowners and $15,000 annually for renters, and half of Social Security income is excluded.
The maximum standard rebate is $650, but supplemental rebates for certain qualifying homeowners can boost rebates to $975. The Revenue Department automatically calculates supplemental rebates for qualifying homeowners.
The deadline to apply for a rebate is June 30. Rebates will be distributed beginning July 1, as required by law. Additional information, as well as claim forms and a link to apply online, are available at www.revenue.pa.gov
Representative Martin T. Causer
Pennsylvania House of Representatives